View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
Londoner
Londoner began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Awesome replies chaps, thank you. It's apparent that's it's much easier for us UK people to recover the cost of the reader than folks in the US.
I have to say that I'm up to date with most of the new books out and I'm working my way through back catalogues of authors that I haven't yet read, so I'm currently buying a lot of older books.
I'll take a look at the sites you've mentioned and start downloading myself some content!

Harry - I don't read at quite your rate but thanks for the sums, it at least gives me something to tell the missus to rationalise another gadget buy.

Paul - THanks for the site suggestions, I'm off right this minute to get buying

Edit - Having major trouble with content tonight. I can't stress enough how little I know about technology, and this is baffling me. I've bought a book from fictionwise which only came in one of the two DRM formats.
I went for the microsoft format and after an hour and a half finally managed to shift the DRM off (more by luck than judgement I might add).
Now I have a sodding great folder full of html files and no idea how to get them into an lrf.
I've tried searching through the forums and tried using Calibre, but frankly I can't work the bloody thing out at all.
If anyone could point me at a guide that's in idiot-speak then please feel free!
Thanks

Last edited by Londoner; 09-05-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Post-post blues
Londoner is offline   Reply With Quote