View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #4048
BenChen
Chess for PRS!
BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.BenChen can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Is there any way to exit to StudyWord? Apart from, I don't know how the program works or what is its use.

thanks
To exit, just tap the icon in the top left. Note that the app is only for touch screens. I haven't tested it on a reader, but I believe delf runs it on a 950.

The app is for learning vocabulary in a second language. Currently, the app's dictionary is for a Russian speaker learning English. (But it also works for an English speaker learning Russian!)

There are various levels. In level 1, the app displays a word and its translation. If the user knows this word, you can click the "check mark" icon (near the top left) and the word will not appear again. (You can reset this on the Settings dialog.) Otherwise, click the Next button. After a number of words have been shown, level 2 begins. There are two columns of buttons. The user should click one word on the left and the matching word on the right. Keep going until all words have been matched. This repeats with another batch of words.

At some point, level 3 starts. Here, you have to type the matching word. I haven't gone beyond this point much, but there are other screens and word-matching activities as far as I can see.

delf, please feel free to provide a fuller explanation!
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote