View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
See this app for the Kindle Fire HD to secure your device:

http://www.amazon.com/Lookout-Mobile...okout+security

If it's stolen, you can lock it and locate it and provide a return address.

I just checked the one star reviews on this App and they say it does NOT work as described for the Kindle Fire HD. Thus, if you install it, try it out carefully and uninstall it if it does not work for you.

After reading the one star reviews I decided not to install it. It does have a premium app for cell phones which appears to work better for about $ 30 per year.

I'll wait a year for improvements and then try it out.

Of course if its stolen and the thief does a factory reset, that app will disappear along with all the rest.

The best approach to a stolen Kindle is to contact Amazon and report it to them. Then that MAC address will be recorded as stolen and it can never be used with Amazon material.

Last edited by sirmaru; 04-05-2013 at 03:32 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote