View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #350
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
While being able to use Office is the main temptation for a Surface, I assume MS has a RT version in the pipeline, I also use Nuance's Dragon Dictate on my Windows laptop and I don't think they would make a RT version so I guess the Pro is the way to go. That or the Dell.
Windows RT comes with a full version of Office (no Outlook, but Word, Excel, One Note, Powerpoint). And RT includes a "speech recognition" app out of the box, that one is based on Nuance's Dragon Dictate.

http://michaellinenberger.com/blog/d...on-surface-rt/

If the Surface RT is enough I would recommend the RT over the Pro (cheaper, thinner, lighter, comes with Office, longer battery life). No viruses. Of course, you have to do your research carefully. Once the Surface Pro becomes available in Asia I still might get the Pro and give my RT to my wife --- it would be absolutely perfect for her and I still enjoy having a device that can do everything. The only thing that bothers me on the RT now is the limited VPN functionality (L2TP, PPTP, and SSTP only). If I had full Outlook and OpenVPN on my Surface RT then it really would be the only PC I would ever need.

Last edited by HansTWN; 04-05-2013 at 01:58 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote