Thread: K5 JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #1349
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@MaxStirner: thanks for the reply.

The problem is not with people suggesting their ideas -- suggestions are always welcome.

But there are too many people who are quick to propose features that they want for themselves - yet there's almost noone who is actually willing to spend time or effort for getting there. In concrete numbers: there is exactly one patch that I'm aware of which hasn't been developed by me. When I released JBPatch, I was actually hoping for more support than just myself.

And by now, Amazon has just complicated things even more, because with every new firmware release, pretty much everything is re-obfuscated again - requiring at least a revisit, but generally a rewrite, of every existing patch. For them, it's one button click; for me, it's hours or days of work. For every single patch. With every new firmware release.

This is why I've reduced my efforts to the really important patches* lately, and dropped some of the others. I simply don't have the time and energy to port every single patch to every single firmware.

If the classes hadn't been re-obfuscated with every new release, most of the patches would simply be working on all firmwares - and the effort could be spent in more interesting and useful ways.

(*) The only patch that I personally consider to be vital is the hyphenation one. Everything else is just "nice to have".
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote