Thread: K5 JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #1345
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@twobob: thanks!

It's really pretty much what twobob said: I won't be able to satisfy those requests. Many of those are way out of scope for JBPatch anyway. But I'm even having trouble to keep the existing patches working with the current firmwares, because of Amazon's obfuscation.

I'm repeating my previous statement again: JBPatch was a really exciting and interesting project back then, and I was enthusiastic to make the Kindles work better. Then, Amazon obviously determined that independent developers are some kind of danger, and rigorously fucked us - by closing jailbreak holes, and by obfuscating and re-obfuscating their code ever more with every release.

Now, every firmware update essentially requires a complete new analysis of the binary code.

So yeah, Amazon's obfuscation strategy worked - by now, it's almost impossible to understand what is happening in their software.

They won. We lost. Thanks for listening.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote