View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #64
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Bloomberg seem to think that the little payment was close to $1 billion...

I don't use GR, don't read or write reviews and pay no attention whatsoever to Amazon recommendations so it doesn't really affect me, but I am getting increasingly annoyed with Amazon trying to take over everything and sticking their fingers in all the pies. I used to absolutely love them when they started up in the UK and only sold books, then they started selling music and that was still ok but I have become increasingly weary of their non-stop expansion over the years and now pretty much the only thing I buy from them is my Kindle books - everything else I try as much as possible to buy from other places, particularly small independents when I can but that's unfortunately getting more difficult...
There was a point where Amazon stopped being "the other guy" you went to in order to avoid a giant company everybody loves to hate, and became the reason people look for "the other guy."
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote