View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
aguaKate
aguaKate began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Boox M92
Problems with Merged Highlights

Hi all!
I've looked to see if there was another thread addressing this and I didn't see one. I apologize in advance if this has been covered and I missed it! In short, the merged highlights from PDF files look terrible - almost unreadable because of the dark, opaque color. I've opened them in four different readers, and the result is always similarly bad (the first screenshot below is from Acrobat, the second from Preview). On the positive side, they are editable and so the color can be manually changed in other pdf viewers. This is a great feature generally, but replacing all of the highlights one at a time is not really a reasonable workaround for this problem.

1) Is there any way to change the settings for the highlight color from the Boox itself?

2) If not, does anyone know how to change the color of all highlights within a PDF at once?

I love the pdf features of the Boox, but this issue makes moving PDFs almost pointless and renders my work there incompatible with the rest of my workflow. One other issue with the highlights - even though the Boox exports a a fantastic text file of exported annotations, the highlighted text as read by other PDF readers omits the spaces, again making the highlights less useful.

Any suggests on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

An aside - the thumbnail view feature from the old PDF viewer is great for moving through documents quickly to find a particular page by sight. I would love to see this feature brought to the new version. Also, thanks Booxter for the PDF most recent reader fixes! Great improvements!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 10.17.50 AM.png
Views:	314
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	103643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 10.17.23 AM.png
Views:	312
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	103644  

Last edited by aguaKate; 03-29-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: edited for clarity of problem
aguaKate is offline   Reply With Quote