View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #17
AnotherCat
Addict
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
...but if you use the T1 as an mp3 players when it has such a tiny battery I would honestly expect the battery to be wrecked completely within a year...
That is a new and quite unusual claim about the T1 that I have not heard made authoritatively before. Could you describe the basis of your claim?

You can be as technical as you like as I am quite familiar with most battery chemistries, including Li-Ion/Li-Poly, and their application in personal electronic devices, telecommunications equipment, plant, etc.

Would you expand as to what it is about the T1 battery's construction that results in it being inferior to those in audio players and cellular phones (they when used for playing audio) which use the same chemistry and, as I said before, have similar battery capacities.

For example the current iPod Touch's battery is 1030mAh (and the versions before its release last October had smaller batteries in them) and they do not seem to fail after one year (note that the Touch battery is also required to support the playing of both video and audio, as well as a still and video camera). My current cellular phone (Nokia N8) which is required to meet far more demanding demands on the battery than audio (e.g. high speed data, telephony, backlighting, still and video camera operation, playing videos/games, gps, navigation, etc. and also multitask those things) as well as my use of it for audio books and music with its only a little larger capacity 1200mAh battery, seems to have survived with little harm to its battery after more than 2 years. Also, like the T1, both the iPod and the N8 have internal non user replaceable batteries, so that is not a point of differentiation.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 03-29-2013 at 12:14 AM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote