View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
If an expert wants to take a look at one of the files (not part0000...unless you can correct my edited version even more ) and give me any tips on what methods would work best in this type of situation, I would really appreciate it.
Not an expert but spent a bit of time with Sigil to do some search and replace to clean up some of the more egregious errors. I also split the file into chapter files just to make it a bit easier to fiddle with them -- I really dislike ebooks where multiple chapters are in one file and the file splits are in the middle of chapters.

I inserted a more useful stylesheet which you might want to take a look at -- it's where I set up stuff like left justification, line spacing, spacing between paragraphs and other fun stuff like an inline-block display to allow centering images on ADE and it's equally braindead derivatives. I also added a cover image which is a bit easier to look at than a black block with a bar code.

This took about 20 minutes total. I've left most of the typographical errors for you to clean up since I didn't want to actually read the book.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: epub Joseph Balsamo - Alexandre Dumas, Pere.epub (972.3 KB, 122 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote