Originally Posted by 7hir7een
For what it's worth, here's what I did exactly. In Calibre v0.9.4 or above:
- Deleted old converted files from the Kindle first. I had used a variation of Gazella20's method before (way too much work)
- Highlighted the files in Calibre I wanted to convert and hit "Convert books"
- Selected MOBI from the output format dropdown menu
- Used the settings shown in the attached picture
- Hit "OK" to convert to MOBI (again)
- Waited for that to finish
- Connected Kindle Paperwhite
- Highlighted all the converted books and hit "Send to device"
- Waited for that to finish, ejected, waited for the books to show up on the Kindle, and made sure everything was good
This should really work, so you may want a try a couple this way and see what you get. You shouldn't have to go through all the work of the old way with the metadata editor.
Worked for me - thank you so much!