View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
rashkae
Addict
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Conversion with Calibre between epub and mobi is no problem at all. The formats are very similar so you don't loose quality.
Ugh,,, There is much wrong with this statement, I don't even know where to begin. Only epubs with the barest of formatting would convert cleanly. (earlier, this wasn't a problem, since most books were designed that way with Kindle and earlier prc/mobipocket readers in mind.)

Hmm, lets see, we already mentioned drop caps, shaded tables, fonts (which are optional to the reader on Kindle's, btw.) How about text indent defined as a % being rendered properly instead of half way across the page, any variance of right margin being either lost, or rendered as nested blockquotes (which is worse depends on the book, I suppose.) No right margin variance at all. Those are just the things that would trip up and require hand editing on 50% of the books I tried converting back whe I still bothered creating KF6 mobis.

Last edited by rashkae; 03-26-2013 at 11:03 AM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote