View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #15
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i move that all publishers claiming that ebook readers are collectively thieving knaves who will never pay for an ebook be directed to this thread, which should definitively put that ridiculous notion to rest.
I'm not aware of any that have actually said that in so many words. But pointing them here wouldn't help: they'd assume the MR folks are the exceptions proving the rule.

Personally, I'm a cynic: I tend to think that we all assume other people are just like us, with the same motivations and behavior. So when I hear folks claiming that other people are thieving knaves, I hear an unstated "because it's what I'd do..." corollary.

Incidentally, Jeff doesn't have IMP versions of the books yet. Care to take a shot?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote