View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #64
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
I always appreciate to read a really skillful thrashing of a book, even if I don't share the opinion. A well written negative review is certainly much more informative than 5 star guff like "I loved it!! Best book ever. Fast delivery, too!".
On Amazon I tend to read the 1 star reviews first before I proceed to the 5 star reviews. Sometimes the very type of bad reviews is a recommendation for the book.
I am sure that I am not alone in my guilty pleasure of enjoying bad reviews. Germany's best known book critic once remarked that his book with very negative reviews outsold his book(s) with very positive reviews by scores.
I too gravitate towards the 1 star reviews, but I don't really enjoy a trashing that much. If someone feels really negatively about a book I want to know why in case it's the same kind of thing that will annoy me, but I don't often find it amusing.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote