View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Considering buying a Nook Simple Touch - few questions.

Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of looking for a new reader and it seems to come down a choice between the Nook Simple Touch, or either a Sony T1 (refurbished, directly from Sony) or T2. I need it mainly for studying as I have to read quite a few pdfs & would prefer to have them on an e ink device (unfortunately my Kindle's knackered). These will mainly be text books or academic journals, not many diagrams (if any).

I was wondering what the Nook was like out of the box for reading pdfs? Would it make sense to root the device, what would the benefits be? I don't mind rooting, as long as it's pretty simple to do & stable afterwards - which I believe both are the case with the Nook. I've read several reports of their being issues with the Glowlight version, is it best to stick to the standard Simple Touch instead? Finally, I was wondering if anyone knew what the advantages would be of getting a Nook rather than a Sony? (Price being the most obvious one).

Thanks.
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote