View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Stop, You're Killing Me isn't a social networking site, but it's one of the coolest cross-referenced mystery book sites I've encountered.

Quote:
Stop, You’re Killing Me! is a resource for lovers of mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense books. We list over 2,500 authors, with chronological lists of their books (nearly 29,000 titles), both series (2,900+) and non-series.
Books are also listed by location, job/profession (of the main character), historical (time period), diversity, and genre. I wish there was a search option to allow a search for all the criteria at once, but I've stumbled across several very good reads while browsing the lists. The read-alike lists are broken down by author and category. Most of the listings include links to Amazon.com where you can read the plot synopsis and reviews.

There's even a little ebook component to this site. Sign up for the newsletter. It regularly includes a list of ebooks recently released in Kindle format.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote