View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #31
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
TITLE: Scroller

UPSTREAM SOURCE: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=208842

SUPPORTS:
  • DX Yes ( All Revisions )
  • K3 Yes ( All Revisions )
  • K4 Yes ( All Revisions )
  • Touch No
  • PW No

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...1&d=1363983271

AUTHOR: Twobob and Geekmaster

NOTES:

This version Autodetects the FB type.

It's job is for BROKEN screen kindles... It will auto-scroll the content Left or Right / Up or Down. when you turn a page in a book. Well actually any time you press the RIGHT HAND SIDE PAGE FORWARD OR PAGE BACK BUTTONS (I did not affect the LEFT HAND SIDE one to give you options)

BY DEFAULT - It will move the Framebuffer 5% to the left (as this was the requirement of the OP who I modded it for) but...

SETTING ARG1: scroll percent (-100->100) (will go in reverse) 5% default
See here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=35 for more detail on using the ranges...
SETTING ARG2: update type (0-2)

0 = no flash (fast, but slight ghosting)
1 = quality (full flash update, cleanest display) <- Default
2 = speed (very fast, black and white only)
21 = Inverted !

SETTING ARG4: support debug output (into stdout via ssh only)
SETTING ARG3: 1= X 0=Y (move in that axis) X is Default

You can add those into the right place in /extensions/scroller/bin/autoscroller and make it do anything you want. (just look in the file - I indicated where)

To Run: Just press the KUAL button. it will stay on until you go to screensaver

To Turn Off: simply POWER CYCLE - that means click the screensaver on manually. If you accidentally let it go to screensaver while reading (HOW SLOW DO YOU READ???) you will have to click it on again. no big hardship.

Well I think that is everything. Enjoy.

And thanks to GM for his original code.

Extra note. It IS possible to have the scrolling work faster. But chapter starts take longer to load and are "missed"

The first page loaded wont actually "move". page back / forward to move it.

EDIT: Fixed a bug where Y movement was ignored

EDIT: No I didnt fix that stupid error - BUT NOW I DID! derp!

NOTE: Don't USE A NEGATIVE Y VALUE... Nor a value above 100 Use a value over 50 to get the same effect.
Attached Files
File Type: zip scroller.zip (4.3 KB, 1154 views)

Last edited by twobob; 06-12-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: 21 inverted, fixed Y movement bug (that's up and down to you and me) - UPDATED DOCS. X and Y were swapped
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote