View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegoodwin View Post
I'm no expert, but I think zuzulous's problem is different than w1ksz. My PE stopped charging over a year ago, and after some fiddling, it became apparent that the problem was in the socket, not the battery. What I discovered was that the charger plug simply wouldn't maintain a connection properly. After playing around with it I discovered that if I propped up the Edge on its side and inserted the plug vertically (this is no joke) straight down, sometimes all the way, sometimes half-way, it charged OK.

This may sound like a dying PE, but I have been using this method to charge the Edge for over one year, and so far all is well.

archie
Yours sounds like a faulty socket - after some use these small sockets can have problems with the crimping together of their components so giving intermittent contact.

There is also the possibility that there may be a broken wire near the plug and by your manipulation you are forcing the wire to make contact. You can test this with a volt meter clipped to the plug. You then hold the plug still and wiggle the cable near it. If the is a break you will only get voltage readings in some positions.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote