View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, phone/Cool Reader, tablet/BlueFire, Nook Simple
Well, learning how to make a relational database is hopefully a reward in itself...
I agree that finding a specific book isn't that frustrating. My main gripe is the awkwardness of compiling a list of books according to specific criteria (e.g. illustrated epubs in german). But I see other potential benefits, too: Easy creation of OPDS-catalogs, making the naming of authors more consistent (how many different versions of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are in the library now?), find which books are only available in epub/mobi versions, make some kind of popularity metric...

Progress on the database is satisfactory, I've decided on the data relationships, so now I just have to get the script for database insertion working properly.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote