Thread: Thriller novels
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #42
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am questioning your logic. How did you come to the conclusion that this book is a thriller? What makes it such?

It is NOT a thriller. You may be thrilled to read it, but that doesn't make it a thriller. It is a mystery. I know some thrillers have mystery elements to them. But in this case, it's a mystery and not a thriller.
What are you, the Genre Police? The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo IS a thriller. Prove that it isn't. Sure, it's a mystery. It's also a thriller. Things can be more than one genre, you know. It's not a mutually exclusive sort of proposition.

Violence, characters in peril, serial killers, and an ominous vibe throughout equals "thriller" in my book. Maybe we could do a little poll, assuming anyone else is even interested in weighing in on such a stupid argument.

@JSWolf
: Have you actually read all three books??

Here are some of my recent favorites:
  • John Katzenbach - The Analyst (2 of his other books, Just Cause and Hart's War, were made into movies.)
  • Jussi Adler-Olsen - Mercy (UK title)/The Keeper of Lost Causes (US title)
  • Joseph Finder - Paranoia (his equally good book High Crimes was made into a movie)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote