View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Unhappy Reading Life Reading Stats inaccuracy

So I always was suspicious of the "Minutes each session" when reading an epub and going in to the Reading Stats after reading...BUT I knew that I often opened a book and then reclosed it right away and figured that that might be messing with this stat. Mostly they were saying between 10-15 mins...and I thought I read more than that on average.

Then recently I've not been doing any short sessions, so I figured the number should be much higher...but it only made it up to 23 mins.

So when I loaded a new book the other day, I didn't open it to make sure it had copied properly (it was a library book with DRM...which I have sometimes had issues with), but first opened it when I intended to have a long-ish reading session.

Before opening, I checked the stats...all zeros as expected.

After one reading session:
25 mins each session
0.8 hours read (which works out to 48 mins)

So with having only ever opened the book once, how exactly does it figure I read only 25 mins per session?

Not that important an issue I realise...but I'm trying to keep track of my reading habits since I read fairly slowly and would like to see how fast I can read effectively.

Anyway, curious if anyone has an idea about this. I'll report back when I've had my evening read and see if that ups the time significantly.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote