Thread: Kobo Tweaks
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #57
Leonatus
Addict
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The kepubs should be deleted using the interface on the device. Then do a sync back to the Kobo server. This will remove all details from the device and tell the server you don't want them to be downloaded again. You can get them back later using the Kobo site.

For sideloaded books, whether they are manually added or via ADE or calibre, it is a little better to use the device to delete them. That makes sure everything is cleaned up properly. Deleting from calibre is also safe and simpler if you want to remove a lot of books.

I think what is happening is the device starts and displays books from the internal memory. Then it sees the SD card and updates the list to show those books. There probably isn't anything you can do abut this. While I don't use an SD card much, I probably don't see this as I rarely power-off my Glo. It goes to sleep and returning to the Home screen from a book or sleep doesn't have this problem.
Luckily, there hasn't happened any trouble by deleting from the files themselves. But I wonder, if this "booting flash" would appear with a sideloaded book that is saved in the internal memory (I just don't remember how it was). I'll try perhaps this weekend.

As to DNSB: The "flash" also remains for some 20 seconds, even with an empty internal bibliotheque. But I suspect that the deleted books will reappear on the next sync.

Besides, I'm still full of sorrow that the tweaks plugin doesn't work on my KT with the home screen manipulations.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote