Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #152
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavey View Post
I just did the lastes sync and I have found that unless I use the sleep (?) buttom at the top of my touch my pages ares not remembered and goes back to the title page and I have to find the page I was reading which for me is hard as I normally like to have four or five books on the go at once, and no pages are being remembered
Firstly a little bit of information: When you sideload a book, the device processes the book and stores details about the book in it's internal database. Part of the details are the table of contents. This is used for navigation when reading the book. Also, when you are reading a book, the current location is stored in the database with the book details.

Now, your problem sounds like the book and the stored table of contents are out of sync. This can happen if you edit the book and replace the copy on the device. Doing this is safe if the changes are text only things (spelling, grammar) or style things. But if something changes the TOC, either directly or indirectly by changing the layout of the files inside the book, the problem you are seeing will happen. If this is what has happened, selecting a chapter from the TOC will usually go to the cover page as well.

If this is the case, the fix depends on how many books are having the problem. If it is only a few, then delete them using the device (or from calibre) and then sideload the books again. If there are a lot of books, you could log out on the device. This will replace the database with a new empty one. When it restarts, it will prompt to login and then process all the books. If you decide to do this, I would suggest deleting at least one book and reloading it to check that what I describe above is the problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote