View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I couldn't test your original files, because you set the language code to French and I didn't want to uninstall my French dictionaries.
However, after changing the language codes and re-creating the .mobi files with KindleGen 2.8, the lookup worked fine in both lines:

book.opf

<dc:Language>tr</dc:Language>

dictionary.opf

<dc:Language>tr</dc:Language>
<DictionaryInLanguage>tr</DictionaryInLanguage>
<DictionaryOutLanguage>tr</DictionaryOutLanguage>

Try changing the language codes. If that doesn't fix your problem, it's indeed a PW bug.

BTW, since older Kindles select dictionaries based on the <dc:Language> value of the ebook, you may want to use the proper language codes both for books and dictionaries. Though not strictly necessary, I'd also recommend using the same value for <dc:Language> and <DictionaryInLanguage> in dictionaries. This will allow non-native dictionary users to look up words used in definitions.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote