View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGidari View Post
When I proof my ebook in ADE, I'm seeing certain long words at the end of a line being split and hyphenated between two lines.

For example, if the word serendipity was at the end of a line on the page, it would look like this:

blah blah blah seren-
dipity blah blah

Is there a command that I can put in the stylesheet to keep my words together and have the entire word drop to the next line instead, like this:

blah blah blah
serendipity blah
I would recommend turning off hyphens for things like chapter headers. But do you really want to turn of hyphens in the main body text and cause more gaps?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote