Ok, I explicitly do not recommend doing this
, but if you really, really want to, below are the instructions to replace the collections image.
Note that this is not for the faint of heart, as it involves quite a few steps, and you have to do everything correctly. It is *very* easy to turn a Paperwhite into a brick, and there is currently *no* known method to debrick an utterly broken PW. So if you screw it up, you might screw it up for good and not be able to get the PW back to life.
What's more, if you do this sort of modification, future updates might fail because the device contains modified system files.
You have been warned. And now, if you insist on doing it, here's how:
- Jailbreak the Kindle.
- Install usbnetwork.
- Copy /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/app_utilities.jar from the Kindle to your PC.
- That file is essentially a zip file, so you can unzip it.
- Replace the files "com/amazon/kindle/apps/util/resources/assets/yoshime3/icn_Collection.png" and "com/amazon/kindle/apps/util/resources/assets/yoshime3/icn_Collection_dtcp.png" with the images you want. (No, I don't really know which one does what, or what dtcp means).
- Pack everything back together into app_utilities.jar, and copy it back to the Kindle.
- Pray that you did everything correctly, and reboot. (Or, to be on the slightly safer side, execute "restart framework" from a shell on the Kindle).
I repeat it again: if you do the above, you're essentially on your own. You have to be positive that you really understand what you are doing, and that you are doing it correctly, before