View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Freeman Wills Crofts?

I enjoyed reading mystery books by this Irish author who died in 1957. Some of this books were published as early as 1920. He was considered as one of the 'big four' in the Golden Age of Detective stories, yet I've been unable to find any of his books on MR or other free ebook download sites except for the Pit-Prop Syndicate (1922), nor are any available from GoogleBooks. The absence of others suggests there is a problem with copyrights, yet from the date of his death his books should be pd in Canada and Australia.

Does anyone know why so few of his books have been reissued as free ebooks? If there is no copyright issue, I probably will scan a few and upload them to MR
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote