View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #463
jack5959
jack5959 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thanks !!!
@Ixtab
Quote:
And this one is completely unexpected, too. The only explanation I have is that you have corrupt books, which do not have a title... Anyway, this one should also be fixed in version 2.3.4 (download in first post).
So... that's essentially all I know. Try version 2.3.4. If it times out on start, your Kindle is too busy (probably indexing). Either delete books, or wait. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas...
I bought the K5 which was reset .... Put some ebooks. Cried immediately before the manual collections. Sought a "solution google" and found your jailbreak ...
All my ebooks have a blanket, title and author checked. I think my base is not too bad: I had already many (but probably not all) controls by the module "quality check" into Calibre ... Max of mobi come from calibre.
I'll still watch what I forgot to test the quality of the encoding epub?
@ Ixtab Thank you for your explanations. I'll watch collections version 2.3.4. (I have not watched how (I will tonight) ...)
I hope that replacing the file.bin in 2.3.4 will be enough to redo my collections?

About indexing: I wanted to do after my imports collections ...

Help: I saw that indexing discharge the kindle and lasts for hours and hours ...
What do you recommend? Index by collection??? Collections with 250 books are possible?
Or do I clear the books of K5 first? Or index all by K5? Only after create collections?
What manipulation launch this indexing? Just on activate the K5???
Thank you for help...

Last edited by jack5959; 03-07-2013 at 02:00 PM.
jack5959 is offline   Reply With Quote