View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #18
Rizla
Wizard
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650 / Cybook Opus / Nook STR (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Curious to where you're hearing that from? I can't say I've seen any threads or posts suggesting that in the Kobo forum here**. Only fragility to the Kobo screen is the glass substrate which is the same for pretty much all e-ink readers front-lit or not. Nook seems to be the only one that is developing bright spots from screen damage.

**- only thing I can think of is the rare "bright pixel" from a manufacturing issue, but that's an up-front issue, not a fragility in use issue, and really does seem to be rare.
Okay, so the kobo screen is not the same as the nook? My bad and apologies. The kobo screen is very nice.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote