Thread: K5 Collections Manager
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #461
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Oh my... thanks for the detailed report. I'll go into detail about each of the messages below.

I don't know about such a limit. I think I've seen success reports for several thousand books.... Anyway: If you put a lot of books on the kindle at the same time, it will be indexing them for a long time (possibly for days!). Indexing is very CPU intensive, and may be the cause of some of the errors below.

I do 900 no bother... on a DX!

These are the lines which correspond to "the application could not be started" messages. There is nothing I can do about them. They are caused by the Kindle being extremely busy with other stuff (like indexing hundreds of books), and not having enough CPU power to even *start* the App. You would get the same message for every other .azw2 app, I assume. The only thing you can do is wait until the Kindle isn't busy with other stuff.

There are apps that HOG stuff and dont shut down cleanly, or have memory leaks...
Give it a full reboot and if in doubt dig around in htop for any likely candiates that are hogging stuff. (usbnetwoking provides htop)

And this one is completely unexpected, too. The only explanation I have is that you have corrupt books, which do not have a title... Anyway, this one should also be fixed in version 2.3.4 (download in first post).

I have had a bad book or two myself. its a bugger to find them but yeah even one bad book can mangle the process. try maybe 50 at a time and see how you go. hunt it down that way (I had to one time. it was really dull) but nothing to do with the app

So... that's essentially all I know. Try version 2.3.4. If it times out on start, your Kindle is too busy (probably indexing). Either delete books, or wait. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas...
same here but those "not terrible best practices" I splattered in MAY help
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote