View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taceon View Post
Since all the updates are done through the sd card I thought maybe there is a way to update the file. I've some programming in my education so I tried to find a way to open that v5setup.bin file on the sd card as I'm sure that is how you would update anything going into the reader. But I was unable to open the file from any known windows programs used to open .bin files. So then I wondered if it was because the software might be Linux os based and that is why windows wasn't able to open. So far I'm at a loss on options at moment.
The bin file is binary, hence the term bin. It is compiled firmware for the eBook Reader and you would need source code plus a compiler to modify it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote