View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #120
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If people have a problem with inspirational fiction you can always gives it one big post instead of a several.
I think it's more a problem with lots of Christian books and few of the other things those people might prefer to read, which I understand can be disappointing if it seems like you're not getting anything while others are receiving a bonanza you can't benefit from.

Anyway, for official publisher promo freebies which tend to appear across multiple stores and have availability from less than a day for glitch freebies to years for permafreebies and repeat at intervals between several weeks to several years, I think they really belong in their own threads as spotlight so they can be treated as individual offerings, which they really are and people can see them easily upon checking in Deals instead of digging through a long thread which may have fallen back several pages (I had to dig to find the Horror monthly thread again to post in it) to sift them out from whatever else is being offered (and casual member chat).

(Plus, the less work I have to do with an update (e.g. typing "repeat freebie @" without having to re-copy the title/author and re-link), the more inclined I am to actually post things.)

Also, subgenres can be really different, so books may not be nearly as thematically linked as they might initially seem. Although I do batch bunches of related stuff from the same author/imprint if there's a lot of them in one day.

For ephemeral stuff like KDP Select freebies and one-day pricedrops with a limited shelf life, megathreads work better for those, IMHO.

And if people don't like my approach to posting, well, they're free to re-post whatever they like in the megathreads if they think it works best for notices, and also free to click the ignore button under my username to hide my individual threads. It's not like I post much besides publisher freebies in this forum, so they won't exactly be missing out on scintillating discussion or whatnot.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote