View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #39
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
So obviously, whatever books are still "stuck" in the shelves are the ones I've purchased from Kobo, not anything I've sideloaded myself.
That should make it a snap to clear up, then. I did this with my iOS Kobo app and Kobo Touch, but it should work with any of the other Kobo apps...

1. Pull any sideloaded content from your device, to make things easier.
2. Go to your Kobo app, let it sync, and delete all the shelves.
3. Sync the app.
4. Sync the device.
5. Sync the app.
6. Delete any new shelves that appeared in the app.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 until you have nothing to do in step 6.
8. Create new shelves and populate them. Doesn't matter whether you do this from the app or device, but sync the new shelves "up" before syncing the other platform to pull them down.

Note that you're not doing anything on the device during this process except syncing it.

Ad I recall, the only shelf I wasn't able to kill that way was Shortlist, which is baked in. Even so, I got rid of its duplicates.

The shorter process, if you don't have an app to work with, is this:

1. Connect your Touch to your computer.
2. Browse to the .kobo directory and rename the .sqlite database to a different extension, so the reader can't find it.
3. Disconnect and sync.

That should generate one fresh, clean copy of your kepub database with one set of shelves.

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 03-04-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote