View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by awj View Post
Actually, port 8080 is, I believe, if you're using Calibre as the server. Like I said in my OP, I'm using a Linux share as the destination, so in this case port 8080 doesn't come into it.

I got this working after I realised that I hadn't set up port forwarding on my router. Specifically, it was ports 139-140 that I had to statically point towards my NAS (make sure that your share is password-protected if you're going to do this).
"Routers Firewall wide open" raised my eyebrows. Every router I have owned , defaults to INCOMING ports closed (and obviously : no ports forwarded )

I did not catch that this was a from WAN access problem

I can't recommend running Calibre.exe over the net. Calibre uses a series of transactions (that are not Net aware) to manage books. One tiny burp...
The Content server (if running on the NAS) is safe , it is Read only.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote