View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #387
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Hi everyone. This is my first post in the kindle-specific forum here at mobileread. I have been reading a lot about the kindles, but there are a lot more information in the forums that I have not read. The questions I am about to ask has probably been answered earlier, but I have not been able to find good answers.

I've just got my new paperwhite, and I'm loving it. I've sideloaded a few books and started reading. And all the time when I read, the kindle is whispering to me: "liberate me ex inferis". It is not whispersyncing, since I have not yet let it connect to the internet. So to make it be quiet, I liberated it. It is now running stock firmware 5.3.1. The jailbreak log shows no errors or warnings.

The kindle has not yet had access to the internet, but when I let it, it will automatically update to the newest firmware, right? Is there a way to prevent that? I mean, if it works, why "fix" it...

If I need to upgrade the firmware, the jailbreak will be preserved, but everything else™ will be removed. Will everything else™ be reinstalled if I jailbreak it again after upgrade, or do I have to be creative after an upgrade?
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote