View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #154
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But that would mean that the quality of beef in question (we're not talking sirloin steak!) must sell on for just over 10 Euro (9) per kilogram more than the equivalent horse.

I can buy Waitrose British beef lean mince for about 9/kg, and their ordinary beef mince for 7/kg.

I think that the half a million euros must be the gross value of the horse sold on as beef, not the net profit on it.
You're right - the numbers don't add up. I must be misremembering the details; I suspect that your interpretation is right. But however you look at it, there's big money involved. This is organised crime, not mere accidental mislabelling of a product.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote