View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
Tex2002ans
Fanatic
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullahir View Post
Thanks for the excellent suggestions. However some of these won't work.
Fast Duplicate File Finder will find files that are EXACTLY THE SAME FILE.... aka, a duplicate file. From my reading of your initial post (seems as if DedTV also understood it this way), it seems that is what you were asking for.

If you meant something that specifically looks through the metadata, and tries to point out books that have the same title/author, but are in different formats/different files, then I would then recommend what JSWolf recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullahir View Post
I created a folder and in it, I added 'Becca Fitzpatrick - Hush, Hush' and 'Becca Fitzpatrick [Hush Hush Saga 1] Hush Hush' into a single folder and ran a check with the .epub filter.
Did you try the "Find Duplicates" plugin?

There is no program that will magically handle all this different metadata for you, but that plugin should help wittle down doubles greatly. Cleaning up such a large library will still require lots of manual intervention... Although it should just be a job which will be required to be done once. From then on, just keep your collection clean.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote