View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #941
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
oooclll: Apple, B&N, Kobo etc... control everything from cloud storage to the front-end component. It is my understanding that their synchronisation systems work only for purchased books.

Achieving the same level of functionality is much, much more difficult using Dropbox APIs only. I will investigate this idea and see if I can come up with something.
It is possible to do but you have to have a dedicated folder in dropbox. It would be a folder in Apps called Marvin. Forcing the user to keep track of what he or she wants to sync with Marvin. Today I can drag any book to marvin or to some other app if I wish, I can even have the same book in two apps to compare. Maybe you could still accept books from anywhere in dropbox but sync to the ones in Apps\Marvin.

Syncing is can be automatically or initiated manually, personally I would prefer manually but once the command is given all the files in the folder would be sync'd. I know this works for updates but I am not sure how Dropbox would know about deleted files. You might have to do that manually.

Dale