View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #35740
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Bemoaning what may be a broken little finger... Hurts like the devil, is turning a horrible shade of blue/black, and I think I'm going to have to cancel my violin performance at the White House tomorrow...

In my zeal for getting the work done today, I misjudged where I had place the ladder, swung my hand up to stabilize myself, and smashed it into the top of a doorway! Alternating ice and heat for the next two hours enabled me to soldier on and get the remaining shoji papered and veranda cleaned and re-arranged to make a better winter display through the sliding glass doors in the dinning room, but I think by tomorrow my poor little finger is going to be a poor BIG finger... Oh well... I still have nine other ones.

Stitchawl
Did something similar a while back pulling a skirting board off the wall, and it wouldn't come loose. I pulled so hard it suddenly snapped free and whacked full on into my rigid fingers. The shock was immense, and for a while I lost touch with reality. My hand wasn't the same for weeks.

My sympathies are with you. Especially as you have 5 fingered hands. Do you have thumbs as well, or are they missing?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote