Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #66
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Assorted Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I guess I underestimated the appeal of a public domain/free piece of fiction. Or maybe I underestimated the appeal of Jules Verne himself.
To be honest, I think it's the "free" that brings in the most votes. I often see in the book club votes that pd books get lots of votes and I often suspect it's the "free" that does it.
Perfecctly fine! I base my voting on availability as well and what I can get from my libraries. I then vote for the one(s), out of those, I most would like to read.
For me to go and spend money on the book club book it has to be something that REALLY grabs my interest! (I bought Black Rain last year, Tunnel People (nominated but didnt actually win) and Hal Spacejock (cheap!) a couple of years back)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote