View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
faithbw
Fanatic
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4S
I've had a Sony PRS-350 for almost two years (purchased Fall 2011) and I still get two weeks of battery or more (depending on how often I use it) before I have to charge it. The screen is also in great condition. It's exactly how it was when I was bought. Keep in mind that this was a demo model. So the battery was being used even before I purchased it.

I'm not sure why the salesperson told the OP what he did. The battery on an e-reader will deplete over time but that is the case with any gadget. My iPod Touch 3rd generation doesn't keep a charge as long as it did when I first bought it. I also had a smartphone where I had to replace the battery after a year! To be fair, the phone was pretty awful. So my point is that e-readers have a good life expectancy that is probably comparable to other electronics.

Last edited by faithbw; 02-25-2013 at 03:38 PM.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote