Thread: Converting PDFs
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 07:35 PM   #33
macrotor
Connoisseur
macrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it is

Device: Tungsten|C with Nokia6200
Wink It won't be THAT easy.

Okay, I'll post the binary here. However, I tested it on a clean system and found that you still need to install GhostScript. The absolute best way to do this is by using fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net).
You can use the Fink Commander application so that you can avoid the terminal. Just install the BINARY version of Ghostscript 8.00, then put this file somewhere in your path (like /sw/bin). I tried one standalone ghostscript installer, but it lacked png support, so you have to use Fink to get a full install.

I'm afraid this doesn't get any easier if you want it for free. The opensource community requires a little elbow-grease from their users!

Here is an example command to get an accurate page for iSilo. Mind you, if you don't care about the tables and fixed formatting, then remove the '-c' option.

pdftohtml -c -noframes example.pdf example.html

This will create the example.html files and all the png graphics in the current directory. It would be great to wrap this in an installer with a GUI, but I have a pregnant wife that believes I have better things to do! At least I can finally carry all my tech manuals in my pocket with a searchable index. I hope this gets you started!
Attached Files
File Type: zip pdftohtml.zip (245.3 KB, 368 views)
macrotor is offline   Reply With Quote