View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
PoP
Antonín ♯♭♪♮♫ ᵖʸᶠᵍᶜʳˡ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3.₄, PRS-350, SGS3, Rπ, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If you really want to generate a Kingon dictionary for the Kindle, you're in luck. Thanks to the code2000.ttf fallback font, eInk Kindles support most Klingon glyphs (and glyphs for most Tolkien conlangs) out of the box.

However, they're encoded in the Private Use Area (F8D0 - F8FF) and both books and dictionary obviously would need to use the same encoding.

(The source files are embedded in the .mobi file; use 7Zip to extract them.)
Exactly Doitsu! How about that : I previously went to the trouble of embedding my font for nothing. Just by luck the klingon glyphs are already present in the fallback builtin font and since I am already using the U+F8D0 to U+F8FF encoding, once I remove my embedded font everything is still rendered perfectly for that "ordinary" book.

But my original problem remains, it is within a "dictionary" that I want to display these glyphs. And I think that unless I can produce a KF8 dictionary (Kindlegen seeing indexing only creates a KF7 mobi) the fallback font is not used. See Chelloveck :
On Kindle Keyboard 3.4 Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Keyboard screen_shot-37636.gif
Views:	95
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	101863 vs Kindle Previewer Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Previewer.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	101862

BTW DiapDealer post in the crossed referenced forum may force me to only use latin transliterations. HIQaH! QaH!

Work in progress dictionary:
Attached Files
File Type: mobi nadsat.mobi (240.5 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by PoP; 02-24-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: cross reference the other forum
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote