View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #16
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Sony PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is incorrect. The "vast majority of other readers" are ePub devices which use ADE to display books. ADE's page numbers are a count of 1024 characters in the compressed file, which typically means that the same page number is displayed for several screens on the reader.
Yes I've noticed that on my PRS 350, "page 62" or "page 62-63" and they can both last a few pages. I find it a little off-putting, not too fussed with the locations either, the percentage is good - except of course when, as BeccaPrice mentions, you get footnotes for the last 20% of the book! I prefer the progress bar along the bottom of my Kindle Keyboard, but even that's useless when the book isn't properly/fully formatted.

Just goes to show that no solution is perfect, and no single one will keep everyone happy.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote