Request: Tips and Tricks
I would like to request a "Tips and Tricks for New Users" thread, maybe even a sticky.
While it is not unaccessible the information about Calibre is quite dense and technical, and thats natural since obviously development is at full throttle. Which is great!
However, it takes a bit of time and effort to get in to it for a new inexperienced user, especially if you are new to e-books in general.
What I would like to see is *not* a tutorial on how to do things, because I get the impression that that is all covered, but rather a *really* brief list on what you can do, possibly with links for further exploration:
Really nice hints of what do with and around Calibre, and the *best* way to do it:
* Handle custom RSS:
- Save a web page and send it to Calibre. (Instapaper for example)
- Monitor a web page and send it to Calibre (google alerts for example).
- Send your email to Calibre (Gmail Forward (labels)+Email to RSS Forwarding for example).
* Set up a cloud storage.
* Smooth way of managing books (import folder, other library folders)
* Good to think about when using devices.
* Other smart and fun ways to operate Calibre.
In any case, I would appreciate to get advices on cloud storage and the RSS handling described above.