Originally Posted by twobob
The author indicated that he "Did this one time when he was bored" or something similar
Well, I like this game so much that it is pity for the project stops there...
Hence I hope the author vanhoavn doesn't mind I try to keep the project alive
After some research and "breakthrough", I manage able to change the source code now!
Since I don't think Amazon will grant me a "developer" status, even I am a "professional" one, as a lot of people are waiting for it, I need to do a few hacks such as getting the KDK from backdoor and sign it with other people's store id...
My feeling is Amazon is on the "wrong" side of doing business - Remember how is our beloved MS Windows coming from??
In the old day, we can copy "Windows 3.1" as many as we wanted and nobody got any trouble of using an "illegal" copy. Well, when the whole world's PC is filled with Windows instead other OS, our Bill Gates becomes the richest man in the world.
Why? Because while millions copy of MS Windows are not paid, there are millions of companies and "good" men are paying it!
Now, I only need to pay $15 for a legal copy of MS Office 2013 if I buy it through my working company and $45 for the latest Windows 8 on a store - Then why on earth do I need to brother using an illegal copy?
See the attachment for the latest version of the Kindle Chinese Chess.
Changes in Version 0.1.0
1. Added "checked mate" message to remind user to save the King instead of misleading "invalid move" message.
2. Fix the Bug that player can select a position outside the right edge of the chessboard.
3. Changed the menu description from "Puzzle" to a more meaningful "Chose a Chess Puzzle"
4. Added a play game time at the bottom of the screen.
1. Delete the old file "KindleChineseChess-touch.0.0.9.azw2" from your Kindle.
2. Unzip the attached file.
2. Just copy the new file to your Kindle.
I have only Kindle PaperWhite to test the software - Don't know how it is working on other Kindle models... Can someone test it for me?
1. Some people may not like the "game time" feature. I am also worried it may drain the battery - Not sure how the E-ink works if I just change part of the display...I will make it as an option later when I get hold of how to use a button. More good things are coming...
2. The Chess Puzzles are hard
to solve - So far, I have solved one only.
Given time, I will put up all the solutions and include them in the game - But it may take a while...
3. I am still in learning process and sometimes get into trouble...
For example, I am using Windows environment for comiling the program and then use WinSCP to copy across via the usbnet. However, I have some problems when doing it:
Problem A: I cannot exit the usbnetwork mode even I type "ifconfig usb0 down". The connection to WinSCP has broken. However, when I plug and unplug the Kindle, it cannot enter the normal USB mode (appear as storage device) again. Does anybody know why?
Problem B: While using WinSCP is convient to copy the file across vis SSH link - If I am currently running the Chess Program on Kindle and replaced the azw2 file on the background via the usbnet link, I will get another identical Cover Item on the kindle when I go to Home Page again.
Now my Home Page is filled with the same program items all over the screen and cannot get rid of it even I have just one program file in the actual storage. Does anyone know how to fix it?