View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #48
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nexus 5, iPad 2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
You said:
I disagree. The problem with that is confirming it is that undiscovered gems are, by their nature, fairly unknown. If I list a half-dozen self-published novels I found breathtakingly original and meaningful, you'd have no way of confirming my opinion other than reading them yourself--and if they're not in genres you care for, you'd have no way to know if they're truly literary masterpieces or just competently-written stories. If I named a dozen bands who had the talent and creativity to be bigger than the Rolling Stones, there's no way to confirm that, either.
The point was that if the authors is persistent and tries to publish it with a publisher then it sooner or later will be published if it was a gem. of course that do not hold for examples that an effort was not made to get it published.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote