View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
That's simpler indeed The big difference is that you do your tag editing in Calibre itself (i.e., in the Calibre database), and I do it outside, directly in the book itself. This means that I have to do the import twice: first to de-DRM the book (and then copy/remove it), and import again to get it into Calibre with the correct tags.

I could drop the Sigil part, but I don't like any whitespace in between each paragraph if I can avoid it. It costs me just a minute to add those two margin properties, at least in a WELL MADE BOOK, that is.

The newer ebooks I've been buying yesterday and the day before are much better than the older ones I bought some time back. Sometimes, a paper version gets a re-issue with a different cover, sometimes a different font, and that's about it; would they only change the cover on the ebook, or also update the layout and coding, if it was bad in the old version, I wonder? I'm not going to buy the same books in 2 or 3 years to check...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote