View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.KevinShort can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Thanks for the great writeup, euphy. Getting all the Kobo's activity is exactly why I want to setup a serial connection. Someday I'm planning on trying to port Android to the Kobo.

There seems to be two serial ports on my Glo. One is at the upper-right corner of the board and labeled "J1", and the other is near the bottom-left and marked "J2".
Click image for larger version

Name:	serial_j1.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	101715
Click image for larger version

Name:	serial_j2.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	101716

I honestly have no soldering experience. Would it be best to get a little experience before tackling my Glo? I'm assuming there's a least a little risk involved in soldering a serial connection on the Kobo.

Thanks again.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote