View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I have tried the same ebook reader actions under two 'surf the internet' solutions: one being impserve; the other being 'Linreb+privoxy'. I only used the REB1200, so far, haven't tried the EBW1150 yet.

I attach the log results from both and you can see that the transfer times are much slower in impserve. Now to find the cause of it and if it is system related...

BTW, Ashish, notice the last log entry; it's a delete request from the online bookshelf that could be implemented in impserve. Linreb also ignores that delete request. Food for thought...
I know the problem, it's that when the log is printed the it does a reverse lookup on the IP address of your ebook, which is what causes the latency. I fixed it by adding an entry to the hosts file yesterday, but forgot to add the fix: I'm attaching 0.2.1 for now. I'll be working on a 0.3 release for tomorrow, so please let the feature requests come in -- I'd really appreciate a comprehensive list so I know what to shoot for
Attached Files
File Type: txt impserve-0.2.1.py.txt (12.1 KB, 341 views)
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote